STOP Using Harmful Chemicals!!!

Hi friend, thank you for stopping by and checking out our new blog post. Today I want to talk about my journey of discovering the fact that so many chemicals surround us on daily basis. This voyage of discovery started about three years ago, when it dawned on me that the makeup and body care I was using was filled with sketchy ingredients, that truly should not be applied on my body.

After reading various articles about our food epidemic and the obesity that is growing at an alarming rate within the world, I decided to truly research my food, and read all of the ingredient labels for everything I ate. And one day I realized that I should be doing the same with the products I applied on my skin like; shampoos, conditioners, lotions, body moisturizers, face creams, foundation, blush, eye-shadow, etc. 

The reason why this became a focus point for me was due to the fact that I learned that up to 70% of everything we put on our skin, get absorbed by our internal organs. And nowadays, we have a new epidemic that is on the rise, of young adults getting various cancers, that where not even in existence a few decades ago. So when you pick up a conventional brand’s Loose Face Powder that has their first ingredient as Talc, do you truly know what this ingredient means?

Based on the Environmental Working Group’s (EWG) research, Talc can be contaminated with asbestos fibers, posing risks for respiratory toxicity and cancer. Additionally, studies by the National Toxicology Panel demonstrated that cosmetic-grade talc free of asbestos is a form of magnesium silicate that also can be toxic and carcinogenic (1). Carcinogenic ingredients have been demonstrated to cause cancer, is that truly an ingredient you can trust on your skin? I don’t think so! In addition, if Talc is the first ingredient listed on the label, it means that it has the most concentration in said product. So all you would be doing is slathering your face with a carcinogenic concoction, that bear in mind, you most likely had to pay good money for!

As my daily makeup routine included the first step of adding Loose Face Powder to my face, I wanted to buy a USDA Organic Certified Loose Face Powder, and guess what, I could not find a single one that was USDA Organic Certified. So I decided to dig deeper, and do some research, and figure out a way to create my own Loose Face Powder that would be made out of plant based ingredients, and would qualify to become USDA Organic Certified.

I succeeded in creating an amazing Loose Face Powder around three years ago, and started using it since with great results. My face started to have a glow about it, and I no longer had a heavy foundation on my skin that was blocking my pores and did not let my skin breathe. I decided to share my powder with friends and family, that were also elated about the quality and ingredients I used. So this year, we finally took a leap of faith and got our USDA Organic Certification. After countless hours of filling various forms and an outstanding amount of paperwork, coming up with our own processes and procedures, and five months of back and forth, we finally received out USDA Organic Certificate for our Loose Face Powders on May 3, 2016! And on May 24, 2016, we launched our website and started selling the 1st USDA Organic Certified Loose Face Powder to you our dear customers.

To our knowledge we are the first USDA Organic Certified Loose Face Powder in the USA, and we feel so very proud of this accomplishment. What USDA Organic Certified means, you may ask yourself? It means our powder has to contain at a minimum 95% plant based ingredients such as Cinnamon and Nutmeg, etc, and the rest 5% of the ingredients have to be part of an approved list of ingredients that USDA allows, ingredients that could not be found in organic form in the nature. One said ingredient would be considered Bentonite Clay, that is a mineral found in the ground. Since minerals cannot be grown by a farmer, they could not be USDA Organic Certified. Hope this clarifies some of your questions regarding what USDA Organic Certified means.

Pick up our Loose Face Powder for yourself, and tell a friend about it too. You can eliminate the use of carcinogenic ingredients you use on your skin, but also contribute to the cause of helping others learn about this! We depend on your word of mouth! Customer Satisfaction is our top priority and as you can see in our Product Reviews page, our customers are happy and excited about our Powder, and we can guarantee it, you will be too. For only $32 and FREE Shipping you can put your hands on the BEST Face Powder in the country, and we have it here waiting to be shipped to YOU ;)

Please share this blog along for others to learn about Olga’s Organics, and our journey!






Leave a comment

All comments are moderated before being published